v17.0.00 Apliu Gai
“ Apliu Street (Cantonese "apliu" 鴨寮) is a street in the Sham Shui Po area of New Kowloon, Hong Kong. Apliu Street has a huge flea market containing electronics, electrical components, and related items. A shopper can find both new and used merchandise in the area. Apliu Street is well known for geek shopping ” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apliu_Street
- Added data visualisation to Rubrics through the Markbook View
- Added an improved set of file import options to System Admin
- Languages can now be installed and updated through Manage Languages in System Admin
- Activated Hebrew and Turkish as available languages
- Improved the display of right-to-left languages
- Additional SMS gateways: OneWaySMS, Twilio, Nexmo, Clockwork, TextLocal, Mail to SMS
Gibbon v17.0.00 (Apliu Gai) highlights our growing global community with improved localization, language installation, RTL support, and Hebrew & Turkish languages. It also features rubric visualization, tools for importing data, additional SMS gateways and more than 90 other fixes, tweaks and improvements.
This version increases the minimum PHP requirement to 7.0. See the Important Notes section for more information.
Our appreciation goes out to the volunteers who work hard to translate Gibbon into their language: thanks to your ongoing efforts Gibbon is now available in 17 languages! Special thanks to Koala Yeung and Leonardo Freitas, who have joined the Gibbon core team and contributed many lines of code to our ongoing codebase refactoring.
If you would like to volunteer to translate Gibbon into your language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notes for v17.0.00
- We’ve increased the minimum PHP version to 7.0. Please check to ensure your server supports this requirement before upgrading. At this time PHP 7.2 is the highest recommended version, and 7.3+ should only be used in development.
- Always backup your files and database before upgrading.
- Please read the Changes With Important Notices section of /CHANGELOG.txt before you install, to see if your upgrade requires any manual intervention.
- See the Updating Gibbon guide for detailed steps.
- Our Gibbon Development Road Map, will be updated shortly, and will include our GitHub branch and project board for v18 and future release dates. Take a look at https://docs.gibbonedu.org/developers/getting-started/gibbon-road-map.
Cutting Edge Code
If you would like to run the very latest, not-necessarily-stable cut of Gibbon, you can get it from our GitHub repo. Please be sure to read the Cutting Edge section of our Installation Guide before using any of these files.