Gibbon v15.0.00 (Sha Tau Kok) features a significantly refactored codebase, easier timetable administration, Brazilian Portuguese language support and more than 75 other fixes, tweaks and improvements.
A huge thank you to our growing team of volunteer developers and translators for their ongoing work to make Gibbon better for all of us. Extra special thanks to Sandra Kuipers (Senior Developer) for her amazing work leading the ongoing object oriented redesign of Gibbon. Thanks also to Leonardo Freitas, Roger Ávila & Rodrigo Magalhães for translating Gibbon into Brazilian Portuguese.
If you would like to volunteer to translate Gibbon to your language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Sha Tau Kok (Chinese: 沙頭角) is a border town in northeastern New Territories, Hong Kong, straddling the border with mainland China. The small rural village of Sha Tau Kok is located on the northern shoreline of Starling Inlet, 10 km north-east of Fanling.” – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sha_Tau_Kok
Important Notes for v15.0.00
- If you are upgrading, please read the Changes With Important Notices section of /CHANGELOG.txt before you install, to see if your upgrade requires any manual intervention.
- v15.0.00 fixes a security vulnerability in the installer: for existing installations it is highly recommended to upgrade or remove /installer.
- Always backup your files and database before upgrading.
- The development branch for v16 will be made available in the coming week via our GitHub repo.
- Our Gibbon Development Road Map, will be updated shortly, and will include our Trello planning board for v16.
Cutting Edge Code
If you would like to run the very latest, not-necessarily-stable cut of Gibbon, you can get it from our GitHub repo. Please be sure to read the Cutting Edge section of our Installation Guide before using any of these files.