Expenses require approval before they can be made against a budget. Approval takes place at the school and budget levels, and can take different forms, and involve different people, depending on the needs of the school, as described by the settings below
- Budget Level Expense Approval – determines whether there is budget-level approval. If enabled, one of the staff members with Full budget access is required to approve a request, before school-level approval occurs.
- Expense Approval Type:
- One Of – only one of a group of school-level approvers need to approve an expense at the school level.
- Two Of – two of a group of school-level approvers need to approve an expense at the school level.
- Chain Of All – all school-level approvers need to approve an expense, in a certain order.
Once final approval has been given for an expense request, the originating user is notified of its approval, and the purchase can be made. Depending on options selected along the way, a purchase officer or reimbursement officer might also be notified during or after this process.
- Go to Admin > School Admin in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Select Manage Finance Settings in the module menu.
- Scroll to the Expenses section, and set the required options for your school, to get the approval process of your liking.
- Go to Other > Finance in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Select Manage Expense Approvers in the module menu
- Use the add button to specify those users who have school level approval rights.
- Once users being making expense requests, the relevant budget and school level approvers will begin receiving notifications for their approval.